Audience Research- Online Survey

I conducted an online survey as part of my audience research as it would provide insight on my target audience's opinions and their perceptions on music magazines. Their thoughts would be vital in order for me to create a piece that is conclusively targeted at them. I used a variety of questions ranging from multiple choice to short answer text as it would provide more detail on their chosen options. I made sure to make my survey not too long as it could take away the attention spam and so the average people spent on it was roughly 1:53 which is fairly short. 
The reason I conducted an online survey instead of a hard copy was so that people had the chance to do it whenever they were free instead of on the spot and also it meant that I could get more responses as handing out physical copies would not be as reliant. An online survey also meant it could branch out to different areas and backgrounds of people as oppose to the limited number I was personally in contact with. I attached a link to my survey on 2 different social media sites which I use regularly and from these platforms, I was able to get answers. Obviously not everyone responded but that it not concerning as I have enough information to form a judgment and use these ideas. 
Overall I enjoyed making and collecting the responses as it gave me an idea of the sort of interests of my age group and this will benefit me in creating my final piece which is targeted at this demographic.










Comments

Popular Posts