Double Page Spread Flatplan Deconstruction

 I used this this double page spread as inspiration for my own as it had an interesting layout which inspired me to include incorporate into my own work. As this is just a flat plan, it can be edited and changed in the Photoshop stage so it is not set in stone as a reference for me to follow, instead it is just guidance and a rough idea of where I want to place certain things. I liked the border design where held the quotes between the articles in the original double page spread so I used that in mine as a graphic. Also the positioning of the stories was used, however I decided to add my own touch to it because as the overall theme to this is music, and the stories are going to be about my artist, I laid it out as if they were sound bars, indicating the volume of the sound produced. 




I decided to include the main image on the left side of the page and this was common on most double page spreads. I also included a quote at the top, which I didn't see on other products and figured it would be interesting to include it here, rather than crowding the second page.  


I also used other double page spreads as inspiration for my own however, they only slightly influenced it and didn't play a major role in the layout which is why I didn't feel it was necessary to include them here. 













Comments

Popular Posts